Power Earth Saver my contribution to Ludum Dare 39. Ludum Dare is an game development competition, where participants are required to create a video game from scratch. This was in the Compo, so I had to create it alone, within 48 hours. This was my second time participating in the LD Compo.
There were 2355 submissions in LD39. My game ended in the top 100! Overall I was 84th, in the Fun category I came 51st. The audio was ranked 47th!
The year is 3017 Earth is under attack again… You are the last space pilot. Unfortunately, your ship has only one generator left.. Choose wisely where you direct its power!
How to play
- Use left and right arrow keys to move
- Use up and down arrow keys to select where you direct your power: recharge your cannon, rockets or shield
- Use Z to fire your cannon
- Use X to fire your rockets
- Catch powerups to replenish some power, do more damage, recover faster
- Note that your cannon is more powerful when fully charged
- The color of the bullets indicate how much damage they do, same for the enemy’s bullets.
The game is written in PICO-8. Released under CC4-BY-NC-SA. This license allows anyone to reuse, remix and share for non-commercial use, with attribution.